The synagogue in Apecchio, which has not been in function since 1633, is still clearly recognizable today. The site of this ancient synagogue was identified by the narrow pathway, only a little more than a foot wide. It went around the synagogue, separating the Jewish houses from the Christian ones. The path is still visible by opening a small door in Via dell’ Abbondanza, extending up to the Pianello.
The long wall of the synagogue, with three tall lancet windows, is visible in an old photo taken before the demolition of the section of the building facing the Pianello. The side of the building toward the Porta Nuova district remained intact.